Kick-start an exciting journey into your child’s performing arts training.
New Dragons’ Den backed theatre school opens in Coventry, offering high quality performing arts education to children and young people starting at age four up to the age of 18.Razzamataz Coventry is part of a multi-award-winning franchise network, which appeared on BBC’s Dragons’ Den in 2007 and is still remembered as one of the Top Five investments from the Den (Daily Express article).
To celebrate its launch, the school will be opening its doors on Saturday 22nd April to welcome all local children and teenagers to experience the sessions in dance, acting and singing for themselves with a FREE taster day.
Along with its launch Razzamataz Theatre Schools announces the opening of an exciting partnership with renowned industry newspaper The Stage. Razzamataz Coventry are on a search for raw, local talent to apply for The Stage scholarship for the chance to win a year’s worth of training at Razzamataz Coventry, worth up to £855 for free!
“Razzamataz is all about creating confident young people through participation in performing arts,” adds Principal Kimisha. “To do this, we will give our students as many performing opportunities as possible, giving them the chance to develop essential life skills.”
Kimisha’s own experience has shown how having a performing arts education can make a huge impact on a young person’s life. Kimisha began her performing arts journey with workshops at the local theatre and dance training at her local dance school. She fell in love with the arts as she felt her confidence grow, the excitement and thrill every time she stepped on stage and made life long friends, many of whom are also in the industry and will be delivering professional master classes to our Razzamataz students! Kimisha continues to work as a professional actress with an exciting career including the West End, International touring, TV & Voice over. Alongside her career she is now incredibly excited to be able to share her wealth of knowledge and passion for the arts within her own school, Razzamataz Coventry!
How to apply
The audition process is simple, and it allows for children without formal training the opportunity to apply. Those entering just need to film themselves performing in any (or all three) of the disciplines that Razzamataz teaches, which is singing, dance and drama. The demo does not have to be professionally filmed and the judges are looking for raw talent and potential that they know can be refined through professional training at Razzamataz Coventry. Applicants will also complete a short form detailing why they would like to take this opportunity.
Did you know?
- When performing arts is embedded into children’s lives, students can communicate effectively, negotiate, collaborate, become entrepreneurs and leaders.
- Razzamataz helps children to gain many life skills including confidence, teamwork and resilience.
- We help children and their families make magical memories through incredible performing opportunities in West End theatres, the 02 in London and Disneyland Paris to name just a few.
- We are incredibly proud of the diverse and inclusive communities within all our schools.
- Razzamataz are Ambassadors for The Prince’s Trust.
- Many former students have returned to Razzamataz to work as teachers, assistant managers and even Principals.
- We are very proud of our alumni, many of whom are working as professional performers in the West End including shows such as Hamilton, &Juliet, Frozen, Matilda and Moulin Rouge.
- As a network, we have provided more than half a million pounds in scholarship places and charity donations.
To find out more about The Stage scholarship auditions visit: https://www.razzamataz.co.uk/what-we-do/the-stage-scholarship/stage-scholarship-application-form/
Razzamataz Coventry is gearing up for their FREE taster day on Saturday 22nd April at Coventry Blue Coat School & Music college. Secure your space by contacting Kimisha at email@example.com