Published Monday, 21 June 2021
Youthful Cities: Digital Storytelling Lab is looking for artists between the ages of 18-25 from Coventry to create bold, thought provoking or playfully disruptive digital stories.
Youthful Cities: Digital Storytelling Lab ias a cultural and creative skills exchange programme for emerging digital artists, makers and storytellers from Coventry and Nairobi.
The programme is looking for six Coventry and six Nairobi based creatives (artists, filmakers, digital storytellers and YouTubers) aged between 18 and 25 years old.
The twelve selected artists will be invited to work with one another, working in international teams to create digital, interactive and immersive stories.
Through the 10-month creative development programme from July 2021 – March 2022, those selected will develop new skills to ideate, prototype, pitch and finally scale up and go into production.
Opportunities for successful applicants include:
- Masterclasses in digital storytelling using tools from BBC R&D (a partner in the programme)
- The opportunity to network with a wider group of creatives from the other Youthful Cities Strands
- The opportunity to showcase completed projects as part of the official programme for Coventry UK City of Culture’s year
- A fee of £3,400 to complete the whole programme
- Production budget of up to £4,000 per team of 4 artists to complete your projects
To find out more about this opportunity, visit the programme’s website.
To learn more, sign up for the Youthful Cities – Information for Applicants Webinars
The deadline for applications is Monday 12 July 2021 at 5pm.